Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Welcome to Grace

We shot footage for this video last November and I finally finished it this week. This is procrastination at it's finest. A common thread in many creative resources is that a true creative can create and drum up inspiration whenever and wherever and just be creative. I agree with this to a point as there are times when we are required to get a job done. Those who work in a creative field deal with deadlines and jobs that need to finished regardless of if the inspiration. Imagine a world where inspiration ruled: "Sorry, professor, I just didn't have any inspiration to write the paper." I also agree that having a deadline and routine outlets to create are great motivators which in a sense force us to create. I personally find the most enjoyment in my creativity, however, when I allow it to express itself and act when I feel inspired. My favorite songs, videos, drawings, and ideas all come from these times.

This video is no exception. At Grace we all wear so many hats that part of our day-to-day is doing a continual shuffle of priorities: the most immediate and pressing get done first and what can wait for tomorrow, or the things that are not necessarily in our direct field of expertise also somehow take a backseat! I've never considered myself a videographer and when there are charts to write, services to plan, and people to schedule, these elements often wait. Sometimes a long time.

I get to work with some cool guys. One of our associate pastors, Kyle Pierpont, is a photographer and captured these images of Jay and our congregation. My good friend Tyler Ewing writes source music for Guiding Light, As the World Turns, the Oprah Winfrey Network, and much more. Check out his company, Intrigue Audio to hear more of what this talented guy does. He wrote and orchestrated the soundtrack to our video, our pastor, Jay Klopfenstein shared our hearts at Grace, I slapped a few shots together and tah-da!

1 comment:

  1. COLLIN! That is SO awesome! I want to go to church there and worship Jesus with those people! OH WAIT.... that's already one of God's rich, rich blessings in my life! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete