I was sitting on the floor, following her around snapping pictures of her and she wandered over to the side table and sneakily grabbed my iPhone which she refers to as, "Baby." Perhaps we are sending the wrong message. After flipping open the case she began to scroll through my aps saying, "Peekersh, peekersh, peekersh," and nodding incessantly. She wanted to look at pictures of herself.
After I took her precious away from her to somehow discourage her extreme vanity she trundled over to the bench she stands on where she waves good-bye to me when I leave for work.
She then proceeded to blow me a kiss and say, "A-you!" (I love you).
There is some profound parenting lesson and experience in the middle of this that I haven't quite wrapped my mind around, but I'm thankful for these moments and the "peekersh" to remember them by which probably isn't helping the whole vanity thing.
That's okay. I'll toughen up tomorrow.
Or maybe the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment