I've learned a ton from my dad.
He taught me how to use my hands and build stuff, how to be my own man and not have to pay other guys to do what I can do myself. He taught me how to use a saw and hammer nails, he showed me a love for the smell of sawdust and fresh drywall.
He showed me that there's a farmer inside of every man and that there's nothing quite like sitting on a tractor thinking about life.
He showed me that wearing Cahartt wasn't a redneck fashion statement, but a necessity. If you were cold after that, grunt and work harder.
He taught me a love for animals. A dog really is a man's best friend and that horses can teach you more about life than any person.
I love you, Dad. Thanks for investing so much into my life and teaching me the importance of having integrity and how to be a man.
No comments:
Post a Comment