When Calvary Bible offered me a job last October I felt apprehensive and skeptical of the whole mobile church thing. As a touring musician I feel at home hauling road cases, but after years of pinching my fingers and dropping things on my toes the idea of an extra set up on Sunday morning sounded tiring. The strength of our calling to Calvary far exceeded being a little groggy on Sunday morning and now after almost a year of "mobile church" I've discovered several things. As I've read my leadership books and thought about volunteerism I've theorized that a team of the right volunteers can do more than paid staff and the people of Calvary have convinced me that it's true. It is inspiring seeing committed, enthusiastic people joining together in a shared purpose completing a task that each couldn't do on their own. Mobile church has shown me this.
But the end is in sight. I've been impressed with Calvary's financial stewardship and lack of debt which I've discovered is unusual in the church. Calvary will break ground on the Erie campus building in a few weeks and we'll be in our new building within the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment