She was a huge help with my least favorite part: picking up all of the little peanuts. Why do they even make those? Answer: to entertain my two year-old. This killed a good thirty minutes of our morning while Mom and Palmer slept.
I don't think I'm alone in my need for an inspiring space to create. That becomes a challenge when an increase in kids creates a decrease in space in a rental home. Nevertheless I sunk my teeth into one of our spare rooms. Come on, I'll give you a tour.
This makeover cost me $15. This was leftover paint from work that was the wrong tint anyway, so I saved it from the trash. My boss roasts coffee and last time we went to the green coffee place I rummaged through the coffee sacks and picked out the ones with the prettiest pictures to create these isolation panels. I upholstered them to some 1/4" plywood over leftover batting that I found laying around. The curtains were on sale at Target which was the only real expense. Take that HGTV.
Also I can take a nap when I get tired from writing songs and stuff.
Some of my gear:
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 with 4 GB ram
Presonus Firestudio 10x10 Firewire PreAmp and Audio interface
Logic Pro
Mackie HR824 Monitors
Yamaha S90ES Keyboard
Yamaha MX100B Acoustic Piano (Predecessor to the U1 with a Disklavier module)
Blue Spark Cardioid Condensor Mic with the Blue Pop (I still need its' pair for stero recording)
Larrivee OM3 acoustic
I'm working on some fun projects which I'll be sharing with you soon!
I love it,Collin! I'm sorry I missed in the blog what was in the box, the new and important component being..what?... besides styrofoam peanuts. I'm so glad Gabby is a big help! NICE makeover!
ReplyDeleteLove it! The coffee sack idea is a great one.
ReplyDeleteGabby is actually standing on my monitors!
ReplyDeleteWHAT?! This looks AMAZING. Great job! And I'm kinda jealous not gonna lie. :)
ReplyDelete